Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sad Day for Malaysia

Today a Malaysian Airlines flight was shot down near the Russia/Ukraine border. Not much more information about that, except that all 295 souls on board were lost.

I don't think I know anyone on board, but I might. I know quite a few people who had friends on board though. And I grieve with the country over this, the second downed MAS flight this year.

I have many American friends who are commenting about not flying MAS (this appears random and not MAS related), or not going to Malaysia. Others who are commenting about it being political between Russia and Ukrain, and Malaysia is just an innocent bystander. I don't know.

What I know is 295 people are dead, and most of them were Malaysian. And my heart breaks for their families.

I'd like to think that I'd be equally sad if it was a predominance of other nationalities, simply because the loss of human life is sad. But, I also know that I always react more strongly to news from Malaysia because I feel like it's home.

I will be praying for all the families and friends of those who died today in that crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment